This past weekend, I was reunited with my wonderful instructor Eve Carty and the gang from Amethyst Dance & Fitness, which is still under repairs due to a massive flood in August. Studio 4 Athletics was good enough to give us space to practice, and it was such a relief to see everyone for the first time in a few months. After hooping my heart out for an hour in supportive, easygoing company, I remembered that I was meant to take a video this week.

The video is a bit blurry in the middle, due to the motion, but Eve caught it after only a few moments and refocused. I’ve posted the video below, along with some text commentary. This represents the first moves I’ll be building into my routine, performed when I was already tired, so forgive the sloppiness of some of the moves. I also really messed up a single-knee climb, and managed to tear the backs of both knees to shreds (you can see the exact moment in the video when this happens), which resulted in a bit of a lull in the middle of the combo. Things I learned this week is that when I feel like a move is sloppy, it really does look that way. Also, its looks so much better when I smile, and I need to remember to do so!